Posted on Nov 4, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
.NET Lead Developer, Up to £60K, Hybrid role working for a market leading organisation.
Your new company
Your new company is the largest, most successful, and most profitable property service provider in the UK. boasting a history of over 85 years, with a network of over 1250 branches nationwide, the group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing EPC provision, surveying, cooperate lettings, PRS build to rent, asset management, land & planning and auctions. The group has over 100 brands as part of it, making up for over 10% of the market share.
Your new role
The Lead Developer's role within the Group's IT team is to help lead the development, support and enhancements of business systems using .NET technologies and SQL Server.
- Keep up to date on best practices in respect of application development, web development and deployment.
- Technically lead projects from architecture through the entire life cycle.
- Implement best practice coding in relation to development coding standards.
- Analyse user requirements, create design specification with clear breakdown of delivery schedules.
- Work alongside and lead other developers from a technical standpoint.
- Support, coach and give 121s with other developers in the team from a team leadership standpoint.
- Mentor and train junior developers in the team as needed.
- Organise and collate peer reviews for all on-going projects.
- Work alongside other Lead Developers on maintaining, improving and documenting best practices related to the development coding standards.
- Contribute to improve the overall development processes/methodologies followed by the development team.
- Escalate any team issues to Development Manager so that issues are resolved and managed properly.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong C# skills
- Excellent skills in SQL Server
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team working mentality
- Experience feeding data via integration to internal and external sources
- An understanding and/or experience of WPF, WCF and WinForms
- Exposure and experience in web technologies including MVC.
- Experience working within an Agile framework
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.