Data Engineer (Azure, SQL/ETL/BI)
Posted on Nov 4, 2022 by Initialize IT
Global client requires a Data Engineer to join a prestigious Business Intelligence organisation.
Knowledge and experience
- 2/3 years of SQL experience (No-SQL and/or Snowflake experience is a plus).
- Experience with schema design and dimensional Datamodelling.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Data factory/Functions/DevOps.
Technical and other skills
- Experience of Microsoft Azure data stack.
- Excellent ETL skills.
- Experience of BI reporting tools.
- Experience in TSQL Scripting and writing stored procedures.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity as well as and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure technologies.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Collaborate with business teams to improve data models that feed Business Intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Works closely with a team of Front End and Back End developers, product managers, and analysts.
- Contribute to engineering wiki, and documents work. Work with stakeholders including the Product Development and Business teams to assist with data-related technical issues and to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Excellent opportunity. Interview slots to fill.