Senior Java Developer
Posted on Nov 4, 2022 by Hays DT - Midlands
Senior Java Developer-fully remote up to £72K
Your new company
Hays are proud to be working with a well established Fintech company.
They are progressive and revolutionary and are now looking for an exceptional innovative Senior Java Developer ideally with experience working in the Fintech domain.
They are offering fully remote working apart from the occasional visit to office for business critical meetings.
Your new role
The role will involve working with a team to "reinvent" a suite of applications and take them from a Legacy architecture to something more modern that will scale efficiently and run on the public cloud (Azure), in private Data Centre, and potentially on prem.
You will be responsible for hands on development of the mission critical systems and services along with having input into the overall high-level architecture of the solution.
As part of the team, you will be helping pave the way for other teams to follow, so a strong forward-thinking mindset is important along with the ability to communicate and document clearly.
What you'll need to succeed
- You should have good knowledge of producing micro services with Spring Boot and/or any of: Quarkus, Micronaut, vert.x etc. along with know how around Docker, Kubernetes and standard JEE applications. Some Front End UI/UX experience would also be beneficial.
- Working in an enterprise Agile environment implementing Scrum.
- Education to degree level in Computer Science or other technical related field
- The ideal candidate should typically have 7+ years' professional experience in software development, or equivalent capabilities
- Hands on development experience of microservices using Spring Boot, (Other frameworks such as Quarkus, Micronaut, Vertx etc.)
- Experience with Microservices architecture and related patterns/libraries
- Hands on Enterprise level system development using both the Standard Java SDK libraries (Java 8+) and JEE technologies (JEE8+) such as JPA, JMS
- Experience in API design/development using REST and HATEOS principles, following OpenAPI specifications
- Hands on experience with container-based technologies and managing/orchestrating tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat Open Shift)
- Experience with JBoss Wildfly/EAP Application Server or similar, Apache Tomcat Web Server/Web Container
- Solid database knowledge on Oracle/PostgreSQL (Ingres is a plus) - SQL
- Hands on experience on deploying application on IaaS, SaaS platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Digital Ocean
- Hands on experience with the Spring Framework: especially Spring Boot, Spring Web MVC, Spring Security
What you'll get in return
- Private medical cover
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.