Microsoft SCCM ADMIN (SC Clearance Essential)
Posted on Nov 4, 2022 by Specialist Computer Centres PLC
Current SC Clearance Essential
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
- Microsoft SCCM Admin will be responsible for creation of application packages for Citrix and desktop environments, Patch and Image management, Software deployment.
- Should possess basic knowledge in networking and AD administration.
- The right candidate would have an aptitude to prioritize and execute tasks independently without escalations in a high-pressure environment
- Should manage the large application/OS deployment.
- Security Clearance (SC) Mandatory
- Powershell Scripting
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
- Build, test and deploy the corporate desktop image management solution
- Package, test and deploy business software packages and updates to the end-user environment
- Execute inventory management processes of end-user hardware and software assets
- Create Scripting solutions within PowerShell for various administrative needs
- Conduct testing and evaluation of new hardware models
- Participate in standard image development, management, QA testing, and deployment
- Provide support for L2 issue escalations/tickets
- Participate in BAU Operational support and Projects delivery work as instructed by the Line Manager
- Create Powershell scripts
- Application discovery/information gathering as part of packaging
- Build, test and deploy application packages for the desktop and Citrix environments
- The process of release management covering SoE, Application discovery, packaging and deployment
Key Skills/Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Prior experience in Desktop Engineering, Patch Management, Image Management, Software Deployment - Essential.
- Excellent knowledge on implementation and management of Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2/Current Branch - Essential.
- Good knowledge on Server and Desktop Operating systems - Essential.
- Good knowledge on OS deployment using MDT, SCCM or any other tools - Essential.
- Basic knowledge on network management - Essential.
- Basic Knowledge on Active Directory. - Essential.
- Good Administration Knowledge on Microsoft System Centre Site Server and distribution point- Essential.
- Sound Knowledge on Software deployment through various tools- Essential.
- Sound Knowledge on imaging administration - Essential.
- Sound knowledge on OS patch management for Server and Desktop OS - Essential.
- Sound knowledge on Application packaging, deployment and troubleshooting. - Essential.
- Possess strong knowledge on OS deployment using MDT, SCCM or any other tools - Essential.
- Possess strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills - Essential.
- Possess strong experience in handling issues in Windows OS - Essential.
- Constantly seeks to improve technical knowledge and researches new product capabilities - Essential.
- Sharing Global Threat updates with the cross functional teams to create awareness on as and when basis - Essential.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Essential.
- Participate and lead, when needed, the project meetings with the customer - Essential.