User research manager
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by Anonymous
Full time- 37 hours
This role is working for the official UK governing body within the intellectual property rights. A user research manager holds a key position within the customer experience team sitting within the innovation directorate. The purpose of this role is to analyse and improve the intellectual properties insight, of their customers needs, as well as creating improvements in this area.
There is a transformation taking place within this department and this role is there to support the analysis and communication within several projects amongst the government digital services approach. You will have an understanding of this technology and also have worked within an agile environment previously. You will then communicate this across the lead user research business teams- they are responsible for collaborating with a number of multidisciplinary teams in order to design and develop the end product to meet the customer needs. This role may also be interpreted as a business analyst.
* Encourage customers to engage with the development of the online transformation
* Take the lead within the IPO research user function, focus on strengths and also encourage training and coaching amongst the group, to get the best outcome.
* Maintain a professional attitude and make authoritative decisions.
* Always project customer opinions and try to implement them where possible in terms of design.
* Manage and organise effective methods of data gathering when it comes to customers
Main duties (day to day)
* Manage daily relationships with a number of stakeholders and also with all disciplines across the project
* Create and put to use a daily plan with a trajectory which is communicated across entire team and is clear
* Work alongside product owners and project managers in order to devise the best possible research strategies
* Lead the user research process by having an input with recruitment briefs, discussion guides, report writing, analysis and testing.
* Support all researchers in enhancing skills with the IPO skills framework
Desired outlook :
* An honest, straightforward and engaging character
* A natural leader who can easily command
* A positive and enthusiastic attitude
* Able to deliver at a fast pace and to high standards
* Measure and keep note of progress on a regular basis
* Recognise and appreciate work put in by colleagues and do your best to keep moral up
All successful candidates will be expected to pass a basic security check.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy