Lecturer in Media
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by Anonymous
Lecturer in Media - Poole - Full Time - Permanent - £21,610 - £34,515 pa DOE
Would you like to provide teaching and learning to Bournemouth and Poole college students?
Do you have knowledge of current practice in Media including Premier and Photoshop Adobe skills?
Do you have a good understanding of lighting, rendering and camera set ups?
Have you facilitated learning for students at a Further or Higher Education level?
If so, Bournemouth & Poole College would like to hear from you. We are looking for a creative individual to join us at our state of the art facilities in the Media and CGI department at our North Road campus in Poole.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
Bournemouth & Poole are looking for someone to deliver high quality and effective teaching to the students within our Media and CGI department. We offer students the opportunity to get involved with industry focused delivery of CGI including visual architecture, modelling and animation. At Further Education we also offer Photography, Animation, Video, 3D and Visual Effects which gives them a wide range of opportunities within the Media industry and for you this offers a diverse and interesting subject range to be involved with.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of educational programs
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice, industry standard and is consistent with a high level of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Participate in the College's appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
- Preparation of lesson plans and student assignments
- Overseas travel and residential programmes if required
- Distance learning support for groups of students - educational guidance and counselling
- Support of activities relating to employability, work experience, volunteering etc.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Current practice in media
- Software skills - Adobe Photoshop and Premier to a high level
- 3ds Max - modelling and animation skills to include rigging, skinning, CatRig, Mo-Capture and Wiring
- Graduate in relevant subject area
- Teaching qualification and a Higher Degree
- Able to cope positively with change
- Proven ability to plan and organise own workload
If you feel you have what it takes for this Lecturer in Media role, then please click apply and complete our application process through the college careers page.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
The closing date for this role is 07 February 2019 and interviews will be held on 26 February 2019.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.