Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by CF Industries
The Plant Engineer provides engineering support in order to maintain continuous plant operations and high efficiency. This position serves as a key technical resource in solving problems relating to stationary and rotating equipment, covering daily plant needs as well as program and project responsibilities. The Plant Engineer implements solutions to continuously improve reliability and reduce maintenance cost. This position supports plant safety and mechanical integrity through development of procedures and predictive/preventative maintenance plans.
1. Serves as a lead site technical resource for piping systems, stationary equipment, and rotating equipment.
2. Leads efforts to ensure site practices & documentation are in compliance with PSM Mechanical Integrity standard.
3. Assists site Mechanical Integrity Engineer and inspectors with planning, scheduling, execution, and documentation of stationary equipment and piping inspections.
4. Works with site maintenance team, inspectors, and contractors to ensure repairs are performed according to specifications and properly documented.
5. Provides input for equipment condition monitoring onsite, including vibration analysis, oil sampling and analysis, thermography, and ultrasonic inspection techniques.
6. Supports reliability technicians and inspectors with analysis of data gathered during condition monitoring rounds, and issues recommendations based on this information.
7. Develops, reviews & updates site maintenance and mechanical integrity procedures.
8. Leads troubleshooting efforts related to equipment issues onsite and documents findings.
9. Conducts failure analyses & reports on findings to avoid recurrence.
10. Provides technical support for emergency maintenance work off-hours as needed.
11. Manages projects for upgrade or replacement of site mechanical equipment.
12. Assists in the specification and review of new equipment prior to purchase and recommends proper selections including spare parts lists.
13. Acts as the mechanical acceptance specialist on newly installed equipment to assure proper installation and that the equipment will be mechanically reliable.
14. Designs & implements predictive & preventive maintenance programs for critical equipment.
15. Assists the maintenance department with planning of site turnarounds, shutdowns, and special projects. Provides input with regards to schedule, development of job lists, ordering of parts and materials, sequencing of jobs around a critical path, and sizing of work crews based on job estimation.
16. Performs reviews of inventory spare parts and submits recommendations for inventory adjustments.
17. Effectively communicates reliability concerns to management and other affected personnel.
Successful incumbents will have:
1. Bachelor Degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
2. Minimum of 3 years maintenance/reliability engineering experience in a chemical plant or refinery is preferred.
3. Solid working knowledge of rotating equipment, piping systems design and maintenance, pressure vessel specifications and maintenance, inspection techniques, and manpower coordination.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Proficiency in basic computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Avantis or other CMMS.
6. Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State).
7. Certification in API 510/570/653 is preferred.
8. Vibration analyst certification is preferred.
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.