Application Support Analyst
Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by Experis IT
Application Support Analyst
£40k - £45k
Runcorn - Hybrid
Great opportunity to work for a European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. They are the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
You will join an exceptional global employer with an outstanding reputation, employs over 100,000 staff and enjoys a turnover in excess of £10B. Their continued success offers almost limitless career progression and opportunities.
You will be focused on the delivery of application support and development services within the Public and Regional Market. This role will serve a client within the Public Sector with potential expansion into a wider range of different industries. You will be part of a team that works with other Global and UK Practices and Sub-Practices providing support for Applications; Desktop, networking, call centre, to provide an integrated service to the client.
You will join a great and rewarding environment with plenty of chances to work across modern platform and technologies and to further develop your growth.
All Applicants must be either UK citizens or have lived in the UK for 5 years because Security Clearance eligibility is an essential requirement.
Tasks and responsibilities
Your day-to-day activities include but are not restricted to:
- Providing application support services (2LS and 3LS) for existing applications and solutions, including troubleshooting, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Liaising with the Client, their Partners and third-party suppliers who provide support and development services for the applications within our portfolio.
- Assisting in the upgrade of existing applications to new versions, which may require working closely with third-party organisations as well as internal project teams. This may also cover areas such as testing and implementation.
- Documenting and onboarding/decommissioning of existing and new applications.
- Supporting the implementation and ongoing improvements of automation tooling for development, test, release on traditional and cloud infrastructure.
Skills we can't do without
- Willing to work out of hours and as part of on-call rota participation.
- Demonstrable ability to generate bug fixes and undertake changes and enhancements
- Demonstrable experience of use of a Helpdesk tool
- Experience and understanding of Agile, ideally with knowledge of Jira or Kanban
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible 'can do' attitude
- Willingness to learn development/DevOps skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrable networking and communication skills
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
Please apply with your CV to register your interest and to discuss how this opportunity could be the next career move for you!