IT Project Manager
Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by VIQU Ltd
IT Project Manager - Hybrid - £50,000
We have recently partnered with a prestigious educational institute that are in the process of a Network Infrastructure project as a result are seeking the addition of an experienced IT Project Manager to join their established core IT team.
The successful IT Project Manager will play an integral part in assisting the IT Services team deliver IT changes of all sizes across different functional and technical areas. The Network Infrastructure project that is currently live will involve moving away from DELL (Force 10) and HP kits to Fortinet. Other projects consist of centralising Internet implementation and full office/classroom moves.
Stakeholder interaction is of utmost importance within this role as you will be expected to spearhead projects with a reactive, open and supportive approach. The educational institute have multiple sites with students and staff active 24 hours a day. As the IT Project Manager you will be based on-site 4 days a week in beautiful historic setting with the option to work from home when possible.
- Provide estimates for change programmes, update documentation and provide regular reports to managers, and co-ordinate testing and reviews to make sure recommendations are fit for purpose
- Follow best practice project management standards and guidelines, and will be responsible for challenging assumptions, and providing added value by drawing on their knowledge and experience
- Resolve issues, influence key decision makers to finalise the requirements and delivering on expectations, even when there are changing priorities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders across multiple sites and external vendors to define the current and future requirement for systems and manage their implementation
- Manage multiple projects concurrently on time, on scope and within budget
- Co-ordinate and report on project progress and liaise closely with senior staff
- Provide technical support and mentoring of the highest quality
- Establish and maintain familiarity with in-house systems and IT infrastructure
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products and systems
- Prepare reports and manage service metrics (KPIs) for use at meetings
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of Project Management
- PRINCE 2 and ITIL
- Experience with IT service, systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills accompanied by an open and supportive attitude
This is a unique opportunity for an IT Project Manager to join a prestigious establishment within the educational sector. In the role you will be part of a core team that support and enhance the development of staff and pupils in fantastic settings.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Liam Spencer-Wright, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).