Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
SOLUTION DATA ARCHITECT URGENTLY NEEDED FOR AN INITIAL 6 MONTH CONTRACT
EXCELLENT DAY RATES
Role: Data Architect
Location: London (Hybrid 1 - 2 days a week in office)
Contract Length: Initial 6-month contract with extensions available
- Azure Services (Certifications preferred)
- Datamodelling (Experience on ERWIN, ERSTUDIO etc)
- SQL, NOSQL
- Enterprise Datamodelling
- Database Security
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The data architect will be expected to develop data models and other artefacts and influence design decisions throughout the software development life cycle
- Key deliverables include the Solution Architecture High Level Design covering all necessary data models, matrices, diagrams, controls, and architectural guidance to detail the solution's data design and enable its physical implementation
- Works with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business SME's to determine the solutions data scope by understanding the business data requirements driving the solution
- Works with Analysts, SME's and Architects to assess data sources and their suitability for the solution.
- Designs conceptual and logical data models to support the business requirements.
- Uses the logical data model as basis of delivering physical data models or message formats. Works with Software and Data Engineers to ensure they are implemented as designed. Where possible, produces DDL for the build of data stores.
- Ensures that physical models meet all functional requirements and provides input on non-functional aspects such as sizing, performance and scalability.
- Ensures all applicable data policies (segregation of duties, business controls, data access controls, legislation, etc.) are understood and adhered to. Proactively designs to meet these requirements.
- Ensures solution data architecture artifacts are created in accordance with data architecture standards.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.