Data Engineer (AWS)
Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by Lorien
You will join a market leading, growing, and successful independent communications, IT, and cloud services provider, who offer products and services to clients in the UK and worldwide. The company fosters an inclusive, co-operative, and supportive culture to help everyone in their team to grow and feel valued. The company has recently acquired two brands and are looking to create a central data department to support the business to act as a single source of partner truth.
Due to major company growth and changes to the organisation, my client is looking for a Senior Engineer to join their team to provide build and maintain cloud data platforms and build production level batch data pipelines on AWS.
- Build and maintain complex data pipelines
- Assemble large and complex datasets to generate business insights
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS
- Manage AWS resources including RDS, S3, Glue etc.
- Integrate existing and new datasets into current inbound and outbound data pipelines
- Up to £50,000 base salary
- Fully remote
- Extensive training and development opportunities to achieve your personal goals
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays with the option to purchase more
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- Proven experience manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets
- Building data pipelines
- Demonstrable experience with at least one programming language (Python, Java, Scala)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Advanced working SQL knowledge
For more information and immediate review, please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age