Senior Bid Manager
Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
Senior Bid Manager - Solutions Division
LA International is a multi-award winning Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, and a European market leader in the provision of Technology, Business and Project/Programme Management services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bid Manager to join our rapidly expanding Solutions Division. Applicants will be required to demonstrate strong bid leadership and management experience within the IT Services and/or Consulting sectors, where they have had autonomy for the production of high quality tender responses, preferably within a Public Sector context eg Central Government, Defence, Health, Policing and Law Enforcement etc.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Bid Manager will have full ownership of the end to end bidding process for our Solutions Division, working closely with our Sales Director, Client Solutions Director, existing Bid Team and other key stakeholders. They will lead on a wide range of capture opportunities varying in size from £2m to £100m, spanning Transformation Services, Programme Delivery, capability-led Managed Services and Multi-Disciplinary Teams. Areas of focus will include, but not be limited to, our core capabilities in IT Service Delivery, Software Engineering, Quality Assurance and Test, DevSecOps Data and Cyber Security.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the end-to-end bid process for all Solution bids.
- Opportunity identification and tracking, maintaining access to portals and frameworks.
- Supporting internal opportunity qualification and external customer qualification.
- Management and completion of prequalification documentation in conjunction with the relevant functions within the business.
- Project management of the bid production process from tender receipt to submission, including planning all bid activity, developing the bid timeline, setting key milestones and deliverables, organising the required meetings and bid pace, producing innovative, compelling bid content and win themes, and ensuring each bid is submitted in a compliant and timely manner.
- Use of recognised industry best-practice methods such as Shipley (APMP is preferred but not essential).
- Production of compelling presentation material for customer presentations.
- Production of professional graphics and illustrations using Visio or similar.
- Building strong relationships and work closely with internal stakeholders, obtaining information, input and collateral as required.
- Working with Technical Subject Matter Experts, translating technical information into quality bid content.
- Helping to identify new Suppliers/Partners and develop strong relationships that support effective delivery.
- Setting the standard for documentation (consistency, common vocabulary and standard of writing).
- Obtaining meaningful feedback from customers and adopting a continuous improvement mindset where customer feedback and lessons learned are Embedded into the process.
- Managing the Solutions Bid Library and document management process.
- Supporting the implementation of successful contract wins from a compliance and governance perspective.
- Providing regular management information and reporting on bid activity to executive stakeholders.
Values & Behaviors
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team/Matrix team.
- Highly self-motivated, driven and with a sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Exacting standards, with a strong desire to improve and innovate.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage time effectively and drive the same behaviours in others
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- High degree of flexibility and a 'whatever it takes to get the job done' approach
- Ability to uphold and support the Company's Values and Behaviors
Benefits of Working for us
We operate in a fast paced, highly motivating environment where hard work and success is encouraged and highly rewarded. Social value plays a significant role in our Company and our culture, ensuring that our focus is not only on the growth and success of our business, but also the environment, helping our local community and giving equal opportunities to all of our employees. Our customers include some of the most diverse, interesting and respected organisations in the industries in which we operate. We offer opportunities to travel throughout the UK and in some cases overseas.
Financial Package/Incentives and Rewards
- OTE £80k-£100k
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Industry-leading company car scheme (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Jaguar, Tesla and Porsche) (inc. Hybrid or Electric)
- Generous Holiday allowance that increases with tenure
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Pension Scheme with contributions
- Sales-based incentives including:
o Annual High Achievers Trips (Ibiza, New York, Monaco, Rome, Capri, Barcelona, Venice, Reykjavik)
o Sports Car Weekends
o Luxury Hampers
o Red Letter Days
- Quarterly Corporate Social Events
Professional Development for all staff
- Industry-Leading, employee-led Professional Development and Training Programmes that are ISO-certified
- Personal Pathways for each employee to guide their learning and development
- Proven mentoring programme to align graduates with high achievers
- Excellent career progression opportunities - 82% of our Senior Management team are progressed through from entry level positions
To apply for the role, please send your CV to our internal Recruitment Team at (see below)
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.