Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by DTSQUARED Ltd
Data Architect - A different kind of consulting firm; read on to discover more.
Do you have Data Architecture experience?
At DTSQUARED, we live and breathe data. We are smart people with smart solutions, solving real business problems and unlocking value for our clients.
We work across the UK, US and Europe and have helped solve data challenges for numerous large global organisations, including HSBC, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Ford Credit and Deutsche Bank.
As a Data Architect, you will advise and guide clients on data architecture topics and issues. You will support pre-sales and sales activities where a demonstration of data architecture capabilities is required.
- Directly engaging with client business and technology stakeholders both remotely and on-site.
- Providing strategic leadership & advice to clients on data architecture topics and issues.
- Assessing business and data architecture capabilities of clients.
- Defining the vision and approach for data architecture functions.
- Identifying opportunities where sound data architecture practices can add value to clients.
- Drafting, agreeing and managing the adoption of data architecture principles.
- Raising and maintaining awareness of the importance of good data architecture practices.
- Documenting high-level data domain landscapes.
- Creating or overseeing the creation of conceptual and logical data models.
- Visualising and communicating current state architectures, target state architectures and implementation roadmaps.
- Defining metadata models and standards and advising on their implementation and support in data management tools.
- Defining data identification and categorisation standards.
- Designing and implementing architecture governance/review processes.
- Managing client stakeholders at all business levels, both technical and business side.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including communicating ideas and designs via diagrams.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with the MS Office Suite, MS Project and Visualization tools.
- Extensive experience in business analysis/business solution design across the data management landscape.
- Relevant experience in data-related topics, eg data warehousing, data governance, data quality, data profiling, master data management, ETL etc.
- Datamodelling at all levels is desirable, from contextual through to logical and physical modelling skills.
- Strong skills using industry Datamodelling tools such as Erwin or Powerdesigner.
- Ideally, expertise working with Data governance tools, Informatica, Solidatus, and Collibra.
- A Financial Services background would be advantageous.
- Degree educated - likely in a scientific or business discipline.
Ok, I'm interested; what can I expect?
- No micro-management, no office politics, a clean flat structure.
- Amazing benefits, inc healthcare, pension, bonus, a training budget and social events.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- Good home work-life balance, a hybrid mix of office and home-based working.
- We have a reputation for establishing a working environment that encourages fun and creativity.
- Amazing state-of-the-art offices in the heart of London, overlooking the Thames, with two bars open daily.
Ok, I'm sold; what happens next?
Hit the apply button, send me your profile or give me a call; I would be delighted to tell you more; there is so much I can tell you that I can't put into an advert; this is genuinely a one-of-a-kind company and culture.
Hit the apply button and discover what's possible.