Senior VDI Engineer - VMWare Horizon
Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by Lorien
- Senior VDI Engineer - VMWare Horizon
- Remote Working - will have to travel into office for Workshops
- 6 months
- Inside of Scope
My client, a large Bank, is looking for a Project Engineer to oversee the technical oversight for the implementation and support of VDI solutions across the company. The VDI Solution is VMWare Horizon.
- Design Virtual Desktop solutions to meet stakeholder specifications
- Manage and secure Microsoft Windows Server/Clients
- Develop and document migration strategies for desktop computing infrastructure configuration and administration.
- Day to day administration of server platforms servicing the VDI and desktop infrastructure.
- Identifying opportunities for VDI services by actively participating in the assessment, planning, and implementing of solutions including storage, Servers, virtualized environments, and data protection
- Design, deploy, support and troubleshoot large-scale virtual infrastructures
- Lead projects for large-scale VDI solutions
- Remains abreast of latest technology developments to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed the client UK requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Support with the delivery and to operationalise the strategy across the function.
- Work with other technology teams to communicate new initiatives and collect feedback on user experience.
- Actively collaborate across Technology, coordinating initiatives that require participation of more than one team, designing solutions that comply with the client UK standards.
- Experience in technology delivery projects
- Extensive experience as a Project Engineer.
- Extensive VMWare Horizon Experience
- Experience working with Azure Platform
- Experience leading teams.
- Citrix Experience - Desirable
If you are available and interested, please apply today!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.