Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Support us in understanding more about how our customers travel across the UK rail network.Responsible for taking data from a wide variety of source systems and delivering analysis which enables actionable insight and supports decision making.
About Rail Delivery Group:
Rail plays an ever more crucial role in Britain. Our aim is to create a railway that delivers real improvements in customer experience, which drives growth in both the number of customers and the number of journeys and allows us to create a simpler and better railway.
Our purpose is to create a simpler, better railway for everyone in Britain
We will deliver this by working collaboratively across the industry to design the future of customer's rail experience as well as how the industry operates behind the scenes.
We deliver change to existing elements of the railway but also through new activities and campaigns; through our management of services which are delivered to customers and to industry partners; and by joining up the industry's decision making, bringing together key stakeholders with the right expertise to ensure we make the right decisions for customers and the whole railway.
Our values, known as ASPIRE, are Accountability, Support, Partnership, Inclusive, Respect and Excellence. Our values form an integral part of their recruitment, performance and recognition processes.
- Support the evolution of existing rail products by analysing customer purchasing behaviours and trends to help support product evolution.
- Analyse the customer journey across National Rail products such as: Railcard, Days Out Guide and 2FOR1 to help improve customer conversion.
- Produce self-service dashboards enabling less technical stakeholders to explore, interact and draw conclusions from your content.
- Conduct adhoc analysis and promote a self-service approach expanding data literacy across the organisation.
- Present recommendations and analysis to internal colleagues and external stakeholders using appropriate presentation methods.
- Works across different projects and programmes to support the business and train operating companies to gain maximum value from data.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and building interactive dashboards using data visualization tools.
- The successful candidate should have proven experience working and querying large, complex, and messy data sets and possess strong organisation skills with an ability to work flexibly across several projects.
- An excellent communicator is essential for the role.
- The way you deliver and communicate your findings will influence how your recommendations and findings are adopted by the industry.
- The candidate to be confident and articulate and able to adapt communication styles to their audience.
- Experience with visualization tools specifically Tableau.
- Knowledge of AWS.
28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays, Christmas shopping leave & Moving House Day)
75% reduction on UK rail travel (for work and leisure)
Reduced International rail travel.
Subsidised Private Medical Care.
Nuffield Health discount.
Defined benefit Pension Scheme.
Interest free season ticket loan.
Personal Development Days.
Vodafone Advantage Scheme.