Pricing Project Manager
Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by Investigo Change Solutions
Project Manager//Pricing//Insurance//London//East Anglia//FTC//Hybrid Working
A global Insurance client has a requirement for a Project manager to join their London Based team for a 6 - 12 month FTC.
The PM will be experienced in shaping and delivering Business and IT change projects, working within the Change Team to ensure projects within the Change Plan portfolio are well planned and delivered to agreed scope, deadlines and budgets, to realise the agreed benefits. They will be accountable to the Project SteerCo and Sponsor but will report to the Head of Change Delivery. The PM will have a thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods to define and adapt the project's path, set out success criteria and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. They will create, lead and drive a team to deliver the project or programme according to their plans.
- Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals with senior management and stakeholders, ensuring risks identified and mitigated, resources identified, and preparatory work completed
- Effective, timely and clear communication of project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools, to design and manage a realistic project master plan, revising forecasts where necessary
- Manage stakeholders from team members through to senior managers making sure there is buy-in, minimising road-blocks, and ensuring continued commitment.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Understand and apply appropriate project disciplines
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Determine the frequency and content of project team status reports, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
- Develop best practice and tools for project execution and management
- Manage risks and issues throughout the life of the programme. Plan and take mitigating action when necessary and escalate as appropriate.
- Work with work stream leads to ensure alignment with project or programme principles
- Regularly report on status with an accurate and current update on progress and a new forecast
- Maintain all project data to the required standard in the relevant PMO tools and processes
- Guiding colleagues, project managers and other staff with respect to the above
- Providing feedback on the implementation capabilities and capacity and by showcasing best practice, enhancing the skills and processes of our people
- Preparing input into post-implementation reviews, conduct PIRs and create recommendations to improve project and programme controls
- People and Budget Management
- Estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Where necessary, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required internal personnel and Matrix manage.
- Develops and maintains robust relationships with key business and IT stakeholders to ensure business analysis, development, test and implementation activities are visible and in line with agreed expectations
- Ensures the smooth integration of new business processes/applications
- Work with the PMO to develop and continually improve project/programme controls, methods and tools.
- Mentor and train junior level colleagues.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Role model for Project Management disciplines
- Good influencing and presentation skills in all aspects of project management
- Good awareness and experience of Pricing and Pricing tools
- Experience of programming languages, database and operating systems in an E-commerce environment
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Proven decision making ability
- Understanding of agile development in respect to IT delivery
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective prioritisation and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential
- Analytical and problem-solving capability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines