Regional Services Engineer
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by Manpower
Regional Services Engineer required in Nuneaton area.
Position: Regional Services Engineer
Salary: £22,276 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
To support the Support Services Division within the company. Delivering Customer Service Excellence through a centralised administration function and a team remote Field Service Engineers.
Working as part of the field team to provide a dedicated service of asset repair and maintenance together with installation and dismantle of site cabins.
Overall responsibility for ensuring that a high proportion of Regional self powered hire equipment is available for hire and is certified safe to use at all times
Reporting to the Regional Service Manager.
However, the relationship and rapport with members of the Support Service team and end customers is crucial to assist in the aspiration of 100% customer service satisfaction.
- Carrying out comprehensive safety/maintenance checks of all self powered hire equipment before dispatch/when returned and completing and including all necessary documentation including test certificates and safety instructions
- Visiting customer sites, when required, to repair faulty self powered hire equipment and/or carrying out safety/operational demonstrations
- Installation and dismantle of hire units and associated equipment
- Quick and accurate diagnosis of fault / breakdown
- Asking relevant questions to determine the precise fault / issue to complete the job first time.
- Liaising with customers / manager / peers / contractors to ensure site work is completed timely and efficiently
- Effective repair of hire units and its equipment which may require multi-trade skills capability - including engine repair
- Completing PDA / paperwork thoroughly and accurately
- Comply with and embrace the Elliott Health & Safety culture and policies
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times.
- Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system BS EN ISO 9001 and adhere to the respective procedures.
Job experience & skills requirements
- Technically trained on generator/diesel or gas engines
- Technical understanding of self powered hire equipment
- Good health and safety awareness, preferably with some kind of H&S qualification along with a CSCS card. Manual handling and working at height training is also preferable though training can be given
- basic/intermediate general construction/maintenance skills
- Appreciate LEAN practices within the workplace and embrace change
- High level of drive, energy and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Desire to lead, influence and coach others
- Good team player
- Strong work ethic; self starter; results orientated
- Good ability to plan and anticipate
- Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
- Methodical and organized, and work to high quality standards both as part of a team, and when working individually
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Full driving license as travelling long distances is required.
- May need to stay overnight occasionally
- May be required to participate in an out of hours service rota
- Flexibility in working hours is required as may need to start earlier and finish later than normal on occasions.
If you are interested please apply or contact Keisha on