Maintenance Engineer PLC/CNC
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by Reed
REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing Company with a global client base.
Maintenance Engineer (PLC/CNC control systems)
Working as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team to support manufacturing activities across the Company sites to achieve business goals. To provide specialist instrumentation and process control knowledge and expertise as required to support, maintain and develop plant and equipment including: PLC / CNC control systems and process control systems, communications systems (where applicable), co-ordination and execution of equipment calibration and furnace survey requirements (where applicable). Collaberate to implement TPM to achieve agreed business goals and procedures. To work within and co-operate with the development of agreed company policies and procedures including relevant Operational and QA procedures, Health and Safety, Environmental and HR policy and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain develop plant and equipment in the categories listed in the Job Summary section of this document.
• Manage and execute plant calibration and control in line with QA and operational procedures.
• Develop and implement TPM with respect to relevant plant and equipment to achieve agreed levels of performance.
• Work as part of a multi - functional engineering team to develop shared skills and competencies with the team.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
• A relevant vocational qualification e.g. NVQ,ONC, HNC, HND, C&G or an appropriate apprenticeship. Employees without these qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant industrial knowledge and experience will be considered
• Combustion knowledge would be advantageous, but development plan would be provided to gain these skills
• General understanding of HV switch gear would be advantageous
• Knowledge and experience of Siemens Step 5, Step 7 and RSLogix 5000 Programming Software.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• A good understanding of PLC / CNC control systems.
• Good standard of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
DAYS ONLY ROLE - MON TO FRI