Cad Design Engineer / Designer (Experience or Graduate) (Solidworks)
Posted on Jan 30, 2019 by We Are SSG
Our client are looking for a new member to their existing team. The ideal candidate will be a graduate or an experienced designer from and engineering background.
In a busy environment, this role will see you providing specialist mechanical engineering expertise that is required for designing and building packaging machinery, automation equipment, injection mould tools, jigs and fixtures to meet company requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a competent knowledge of SolidWorks CAD package and have a strong eye for detail with the ability to provide solutions.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in design, engineering or similar and have five years engineering experience.
- Educated to degree level in design, engineering or similar
- A competent knowledge and experience of SolidWorks CAD package or similar
- Good computer skills to encompass Microsoft, Outlook
- Excellent organisational, timekeeping and communication skills
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic
- Have a strong eye for detail with the ability to identify and solve problems
- A competent knowledge and experience of working with medical packaging and/or devices
- Able to work as part of a team and off own initiative
- The ability to follow instructions and prioritise workload productively to meet deadlines
- Have a positive attitude with adaptability to support business requirements
- To provide mechanical engineering expertise to projects from the concept stage through to commissioning.
- Assist in the writing of User Requirement Specifications.
- Assist in creating a Design Specification from the User Requirements Specification
- To design components, mechanisms and assemblies (in SolidWorks) to meet the needs of the Design Specification using suitable materials and manufacturing methods to achieve a reliable and cost-effective solution.
- Create CAD drawings (in SolidWorks) with appropriate tolerancing and manufacturing notes following internal document control systems.
- Assist in the management of sub-contract manufacture of those components where necessary.
- Detail component specifications (for bought-in parts), and, where necessary, manage the procurement of components.
- Responsible for the project management under the guidance of the Design Manager.
- Responsible for providing innovative engineering solutions to machine design problems.
- Responsible for researching any processes that include uncertainty and proving concepts with prototypes as required.
- Coordinate the build of the assembly.
- Coordinate the electrical and control requirements of machine build projects with Systems Engineers.
- Responsible for testing of machine function and the coordination of the validation with Validation Engineers.
- Coordinate the machine commissioning.
- Responsible for the production of mechanical documentation and the collation of all other documentation to form the Technical File.
- Responsible for writing Operator Instructions, Maintenance Instructions and Schedules and to organise and train operators and maintenance staff in following those procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that projects meet the expected performance.
- Ensure that all work complies with current regulatory requirements such as EC Directives and health and safety regulations.
- Assist the Maintenance Department with technical expertise.
The company offers a number of benefits to all staff, ranging from daily tea and coffee to fruity Wednesdays, a bike to work scheme and a bonus incentive. Apply now to join the team!