Postdoctoral Fellow Tropical Medicine
Posted on Nov 3, 2022 by Tulane University
A NIH-funded postdoctoral position is immediately available to join Scaraffia research group in the Department of Tropical Medicine at Tulane University. Scaraffia s lab performs metabolic studies in mosquitoes. Her laboratory is particularly interested in unraveling the physiological, biochemical and molecular bases underlying the regulation of nitrogen and carbon metabolism in mosquitoes, as well as in discovering new metabolic targets that can be used for the design of better mosquito-control strategies.
The successful candidate will apply traditional and modern biochemical approaches, to investigate the mechanistic regulation of ammonia metabolism in Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Applicants must have a PhD degree in biochemistry, chemistry, or related discipline with a strong background in protein biochemistry. The position requires research experience in characterization of proteins, and metabolic studies. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team are also required.Qualifications
1. Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related discipline
2. Documented experience in biochemical techniques including enzymatic assays, western blotting, and immunoprecipitation
3. Documented experience in metabolic studies. Preference will be given to an individual with experience in metabolic studies in insects.
4. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
5. Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinkingApplication Instructions
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to with the subject Postdoc Application and include: (1) a cover letter describing research interests, (no more than 1 page); (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) contact information for three references.
Please do not forget to mention Bio Careers when applying.