Junior Project Manager
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by Fortis Recruitment Solutions
My client, a leading Engineering company based close to High Wycombe are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a full time, permanent basis.
The role of the Junior Project Manager is to plan, execute and finalise projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Track project milestones and deliverability.
- Work closely with customer management to understand the business requirement for the project, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
- Define deliverable, resource management and work plan for the project and manage their development and delivery.
- Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the business unit.
- Estimate and plan projects from start to finish with built in contingencies.
- Ensure projects meet in industry leading quality standards.
- Manage monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project.
- Conduct project presentations and compile reports.
- Develop full scale project plans.
- Act as Client and Supplier interface as required.
- Implement and manage project changes, interventions and costs to achieve project outputs.
Experience and Knowledge
- Oil and gas industry experience - desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to write and perform Client presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a range of different personalities.
- The ability to work accurately under tight deadlines.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office and Project.
- Proven track record of Project Management.
- Engineering or Design Degree or equivalent - desirable.
- Project Management qualification (APM, Prince or similar).
This is an excellent opportunity for an excellent career with an established Engineering company.
Hours of work are 07.30 - 16.30 Monday to Thursday and 07.30 - 13.00 on Fridays.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview.