Project Operations Manager
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by COLLECTIVE RECRUIT LTD
Project Operations Manager
40k to 45k plus 20% bonus, Pension, 25 days holidays
My client is one of the leading suppliers of performance chemicals worldwide. Due to expansion my client is looking for a Project Operations Manager responsible for the management & implementation of large Capex projects, being the critical advocate in the project team on all matters relating to operations and technology.
You will be responsible for developing the initial scope and business case for multiple capital projects ranging from GBP100k to GBP5m. You will work across Bradford and Grimsby sites,working with the engineering project manager and teams on early project appraisal and scope changes.
Ideally you will have a background in production operations within the chemical industry and also have project management or operational readiness experience within chemical, Oil & gas/Utilities..
What you can expect
- As a Project Operations Manager, your will be the point of contact for the business in the implementation of large Capex projects and will be the critical advocate in the project team on all matters relating to operations and technology.
- As Project Operations Manager, you will be responsible for developing the initial scope and business case for multiple capital projects ranging from GBP100,000 to GBP5,000,000.
- You will represent the interest of the Business Unit as the single point of contact to gain commitment of the relevant BU resources in order to successfully implement nominated capex projects.
- You will also lead the Project Operations Team for nominated capex projects including coordination of Commissioning, Technology, Research and Development and Maintenance activities to ensure the operational requirements are met.
- In addition, you will ensure successful commissioning and start-up of capex projects including readiness in terms of recruitment, operating procedures and training.
- You will support the project team during execution with regard to all business and regulatory related issues such that the project objectives are met in terms of scope, cost and schedule.
- Finally, you will develop and Implement continuous improvement measures and new ways of working in conjunction with new investment such that key operational objectives in terms of EHS, quality, cost and reliability are met.
What we expect:
- You are degree qualified (or equivalent) with substantial experience in a management or leadership position, ideally gained in a project or operational environment.
- You have Project Management experience, preferably in significant projects with complex interfaces.
- In addition, you have a good understanding of production operations preferably within a chemical manufacturing environment.
- You have a track record of managing organizational change.
- Also, you have excellent written/verbal communications and presentation skills and have proactive problem solving skills.
- Finally, you have the ability to work well in a team and across all levels of the organisation and show an understanding of how the organization functions at site, divisional and corporate level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of this great company who offer truly outstanding career progression and attractive opportunities! If this sounds like you then please apply now!
For more information please contact Stephanie Taggart at Collective Recruit on
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the apply now button below. Your details as submitted by you, will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy; by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our clients criteria and/or need.