GIS/AMI Tech, Electric Line Worker, Human Resources Specialist
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by HOPE WATER & LIGHT COMMISSION
Hope Water & Light (HWL), Hope, AR available positions:
• GIS/AMI Tech- The primary duties of the Geographical Information System/Advanced Metering Infrastructure (GIS/AMI) Tech is to provide support for ESRI Server, Mapping Server, SQL Server, AMI Headend Server, GPS Interface, gathering field data and processing information for maps. Interacts directly with electric and water distribution operations in the preparation of maps and drawings for the Hope Water & Light Commission. Communicate and coordinate with customer service necessary information regarding service orders and work orders to facilitate updating HWL CIS and Mapping Systems. Mapping responsibilities include, but are not limited, to using GPS equipment in the field, processing GPS data, maintaining map database, and updating maps. AMI responsibilities include processing meter marriage files and Gatekeeper WIC Files, monitoring AMI communication network and optimizing functionality, maintenance of Gatekeeper and repeater systems, troubleshooting communication problems and correcting orphaned meters, running reports and collaborating with other departments to ensure operational data is provided to appropriate departments. In addition, provide support functions to E&O staking personnel to ensure appropriate checking in/out of maps for staking activity. Secondary functions include assisting and coordinating with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
• Electric Line Worker-The primary duty of the Line Worker Apprentice is to assist in maintaining and constructing transmission and distribution power lines between generating stations, substations and consumers, requiring use of precautionary work methods and safety equipment due to electrical hazards present when working on or near energized conductors and electrical accessories. This is a four-year training program under the supervision of a Journeyman Line Worker that will include classroom work as well as hands on. The employee will learn the appropriate skills for construction of overhead or underground distribution systems.
• Human Resources Specialist-Assist in development of the human resources department in conjunction with the Assistant General Manager, Administrative Services, duties will include organizational and , people development and the management and development of external, community relations. Assist in the coordination and implementation of the development of the organization's people resources through collaboration with other supervisors and individual employees, and through the monitoring of the employment, compensation & benefits, employee development, legal compliance and employee relations practices.
• Accountant-Assist the financial services department in the implementation of financial and general accounting functions for HWL
• Laboratory Services-The primary duties of the Water Treatment Laboratory Services are administering the Water Plant Laboratory, performing chemical analyses and bacteriological examinations of water samples in accordance with State, and Federal Standards. Work normally is performed indoors in a laboratory environment but some field sampling may be required. May be involved in process analysis and plant operations. Work normally is performed in a 40-hour workweek and requires extensive initiative and use of personal judgment. Supervision is provided by the Water Treatment Plant Supervisor. Must devote as much time as necessary to ensure that water quality meets all public health and environmental quality requirements.
Must meet minimum requirements for position you are applying for.
HWL is an EOE.