Senior Platform Engineers/Site Reliability Engineers
Posted on Nov 2, 2022 by Summer-Browning Associates
Senior Platform Engineers/Site Reliability Engineers - Location: Hybrid London/Manchester
We are looking for Senior Platform Engineers/Site Reliability Engineers to work within the Public Sector/Central Government.
About the role: You will be responsible for the working within the engineering team to aid with the adoption of process and tooling.
Location: Hybrid London/Manchester
The ideal candidates will have Active SC Clearance and a demonstrable passion for Platform engineering/Site Reliability:
- Strong Automation, process, CICD, Pipeline experience
- Knowledge and experience of providing common components, patterns, and/or platforms to improve consistency and drive improvements to quality and security baselines. Appreciation of the trade-offs between centralisation/
- Cloud AWS Platform DevOps need knowledge/use of AWS (EC2, EKS, Control Tower, S3, RDS, VPC Networking, Cloudwatch). Cloud Infrastructure, including Apache, NGINX, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Docker, Jira; others: SSO, SAML, SFTP, load-balancing, auto-scaling, and automated testing, CI/CD automation. Monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana and Splunk.
- Knowledge of fundamental networking, security, and systems engineering concepts such as TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, and SSL; understanding of Scripting or programming languages such as Shell script, Perl, Ruby or Python, practical knowledge of Infrastructure as Code solution such as Ansible, hands-on experience in cloud provisioning tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, and experience in Linux operating system
- Knowledge of methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban.