Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by Premier Engineering
Graduate Design Engineer
£20,000 - £25,000 Dependent on Experience
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate/Junior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a thriving manufacturing company based in Wakefield. The multinational business are market leaders in machinery of the oil and gas sector and due to winning several large projects, their workload has increased, and they are now looking for an additional hire, to support their busy and growing design office.
Their ideal hire would be someone who has completed an apprentice, HNC, or Degree and has around 1 years' experience in designing machinery, process equipment, or pipework. They are looking for someone who confident at using AutoCAD and Solidworks.
The core responsibilities of the Design Engineer role will be to:
- Primarily preparing 2D CAD detail design drawings
- Designing automation machinery using Solidworks
- Hydraulics and pneumatics design
- Steel fabrications design
- Create and maintain supporting documentation including assembly/arrangement drawings, Operation and Maintenance Manuals and equipment technical files
- Occasional Site Visits
- Assist team members with their workloads to meet targets
The company encourages development and would support anyone who is looking to gain further education/ qualifications whilst working. The company is keen to development this individual into a Design Engineer and will offer the training and development in order to progress you.
There is great opportunity to grow and develop within this expanding design department, and worldwide travel should this be of interest to you.
Salary/Benefits & Working Hours:
- £20,000 - £25,000 depending on what level of experience you are starting with.
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
If you are intertsted in the role, please call me on or send me a copy of your CV to