Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by Vector Recruitment Ltd
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a dynamic Engineering company developing an array of products for the medical / healthcare industry. The company is growing strongly giving many opportunities for personal career development in addition to a wide variety of new projects to work on.
The successful candidate for this Mechanical Engineer role will have a good grounding in mechanical engineering principals, use their mechanical design skills to develop assistive technology to appropriate directives and standards such as MDD, EN12182, EN 60601, BS 8474 etc from concept to realisation.
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer Job responsibilities will include:
Developing New Products:
- Take ownership of a new concept and manage through to production.
- Create 3D CAD models of the concept
- Produce working drawings and liaise with suppliers regarding specifications and best utilisation of machinery.
- Implementation of Risk Control Measures and documentation
- Create BOMs.
- Manage raw material specifications/finishes during product development.
- Manage product labelling and packaging design
- Manage production of prototypes.
- Manage bench testing and test reports.
Existing Product management:
- Modify existing, or create new, 3D models and 2D drawings in order to implement Engineering Change Notes.
- Liaison with suppliers
- Review and maintain technical and risk management documentation
- BEng / HND or similar qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering etc.
- An in-depth knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD (or similar) gained through working on several intricate CAD projects.
- A good understanding of Design for Manufacture and Assembly ( DFM, DFMA ) including manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, CNC machining, sheet metal works
- Practical workshop experience to work on prototypes etc.
- Experienced with generating BOMs and similar production documentation
- Good Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, Organised team player but also able to work unsupervised
- Good Project Management skills
Vacancy Location: West Cambridgeshire (Commutable from Cambridge, St Neots, Letchworth, Hitchin, Bedford, Huntingdon, etc)
Huxley Banking & Financial Services
Rise Technical Recruitment Limited
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
G2 Recruitment Solutions
Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Ltd