Civil Design Engineer
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Civil Design Enigneer position available with a leading UK housebuilder
We are currently working with a market leading nationwide housebuilder who are looking to add to their Northampton based technical team with the appointment of an additional Civil Design Enigneer.
With a background in civil infrastructure design from either a consultancy or developer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Full detailed design of roads, sewers, private drainage and external works for competitive tender and construction using WinDes, PDS, AutoCAD and AutoTrack.
- Value engineer all designs.
- Prepare design risk assessments for the designs you have completed.
- Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when assisting in the production of layouts/technical report for land appraisals and prior to planning submission.
- Prepare flood risk assessments where required.
- Secure adoption agreement technical approvals, (e.g. S104, S185, SuDS, S38, S278, etc.), to suit the development programme.
- Produce private drainage designs including plot levels showing where retaining features may be required.
- Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments at tender and construction stages.
- Provide support to engineers & technical co-ordinators in relation to design queries.
- Provide support to engineers & technical co-ordinators to clear outstanding planning conditions and other statutory approvals e.g. NHBC, EHO, etc.
In return, our client offer excellent opportunities for career progression/development, an attractive salary/package including car and the chance to work for one of the UK's leading developers.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now, however if this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.