Deputy UK Engineering Manager (ST)
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by Bodycote
Bodycote operates an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world's leading provider of heat treatments and specialist thermal processing services and is a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain, employing over 5,700 people in 26 countries.
We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
- Health and safety first and foremost, ensuring compliance with Bodycote health and safety procedures.
- Communicating clearly and professionally with all stakeholders.
- Hands on role responding to breakdowns, projects and planned maintenance, sometimes during weekends and out of hours.
- Travelling between the UK ADE sites which may include a significant time away.
- Leading and championing projects, site improvements, TPM, 5S, planned and reactive maintenance.
- Managing the engineering function when the UK Engineering Manager is unavailable.
- Maintaining and establishing key performance indicators to develop a culture of continuous improvement therefore reducing unplanned maintenance.
- Reviewing & controlling TPM, Lean, ESOS, Continuous Improvements and 5S systems applicable to engineering.
- Carrying out annual appraisals and training / competency reviews of direct reports.
- Reviewing & controlling the computerised maintenance management system, including compliance.
- Ensuring maintenance cover is maintained at all sites.
- Reviewing and controlling engineers training records.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge of yourself and your team.
- Working with quality, operations and sales functions to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Management of site and divisional critical spares.
- Procurement of capital equipment.
The job holder may also be asked to perform other reasonable duties not listed in this job description.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Time served Electro / Mechanical engineer
- Management experience
- Good communicator
- Results driven
- Handles pressure well
- Computer literate
- Works well with others
- Highly flexible
- Project management experience
- Relevant degree would be an advantage
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension - match contribution from 3% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
How to apply:
You may apply by post or e-mail. Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options below. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.