AML Advisory Officer
Posted on Jan 28, 2019 by Michael Page International - US
The client is a European-based Global bank with a huge presence in New York, offering a variety of banking and financial services to a diverse portfolio of clients.
The AML Advisory Officer will be responsible for assisting the team in managing legal, regulatory, and audit projects, assisting with global projects including risk assessments, and advising the business. Practical knowledge of investment banking, correspondent banking, operations, and structures is required:
- Responsible for assisting the team in managing legal, regulatory, and audit projects
- Responsible for assisting the team in drafting, updating, and reconciling policies, procedures, and standards
- Keep informed of global legal, regulatory and policy changes affecting Investment Banking and Financial Crime
- Assisting the team in preparing and delivering appropriate Financial Crime training for the business, operations, and Financial Crime
- Advise compliance management on potential client risk.
- Compilation of clear and concise written reports
- Prepare recommendations to compliance management outlining potential risks
- Participates in engagement with key stakeholders to ensure effective partnership with the business which includes openness to giving and receiving challenge at all levels.
A successful AML Advisory Officer should have:
- 4 year College Degree.
- 2+ years' experience in Compliance or Financial Crime in a large global financial institution or equivalent.
- 2+ years' experience in and understanding of AML, governance and regulatory control frameworks and best practices.
- 2+ years' experience in Investment Banking or Corporate Banking in an Advisory capacity
- Competitive base salary
- Competitive bonus structure
- Additional benefits and incentives