Posted on Jan 28, 2019 by Deerfield Management
# of Openings 1
Category Research & Development
Deerfield Drug Discovery, LLC (3DC) will engage in drug discovery research in collaboration with faculty from top universities across the United States. 3DC is the drug discovery arm of Deerfield Management Company, L.P. ("Deerfield"), an investment firm dedicated to advancing healthcare. The goal of 3DC is to enable portfolio companies of Deerfield's investment funds create a pipeline of medically important and commercially viable projects at a scale sufficient to produce value for patients and investors. Project teams will consist of scientists from a wide variety of disciplines (chemistry, biology, computational science, software and automation engineering), working together in a highly collaborative environment to advance these goals.
The Project Manager is responsible for assisting in the coordination, tracking and reporting of the efforts of 3DC projects including key project milestones, timelines, budgets and alliance management. The candidate must be highly organized, flexible and adept at handling multiple projects with tight deadlines. The Project Manager must ensure that key project milestones are met and that appropriate and timely communications occur with all project stakeholders across multiple projects pipelines. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable interacting with many different functional groups and cultures.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Facilitate meetings, assemble agendas and distribute minutes
- Manage project resources allocation
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Preform project evaluations and assessment of results
- Represents 3DC as a prime contact on assigned projects
- Interact with senior internal and/or external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Perform other duties as necessitated by the position or as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with 6-9 years, Master's Degree with 4-7 years or Ph.D. 2-3 years experience in a scientific discipline from an accredited university
- 2 - 3 years direct Project Management experience
- Experience in academic and industrial project management, international project management a big plus.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in resource management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Flexibly adapts to changing priorities and duties.
- Excellent team player.
- Able to work independently under minimal supervision and direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- PMP certification is a plus.
3DC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Health Care Service Corporation
Revantage Corporate Services
Airlines Reporting Corporation
National Association of County and City Health Officials