Business Risk Management Analyst - Investment Bank
Posted on Jan 28, 2019 by UBS
Are you a problem solver? Do you know how to treat clients? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- Handle day-to-day processes within the COO Utility team.
- Assist with the following processes: Supervisory Controls, Operating Committee presentations, Trading Mandates Control Process, Travel approvals, expense reviews, adhoc reporting, Compliance follow-up and escalation, Human Resource organizational structure, IT access controls,
- Execute requests from IB COO teams, assisting business managers on a daily basis
- Be able to accommodate for regular interaction with stakeholders in New York and London
- Cross-train with colleagues on all processes to eliminate key person dependency
-Assist with recording and reporting of Client Complaints
You will be working with the Investment Bank COO team in Nashville. The Investment Bank provides corporate, institutional and wealth management clients with expert advice, innovative financial solutions, outstanding execution and comprehensive access to the world's capital markets. It offers financial advisory and capital markets, research, equities, foreign exchange, precious metals and tailored fixed income services in rates and credit through its two business units, Corporate Client Solutions and Investor Client Services. The Investment Bank is an active participant in capital markets flow activities, including sales, trading and market-making across a range of securities.
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience in the financial industry, Operations experience preferred
- Previous experience in or interaction with overseas stakeholders in:
- Business management (COO)
- Operations: trade capture/middle office
- Compliance & Operational Risk
- Liaising with back office functions of bank, custodian or a brokerage firm
- Strong communication skills in, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good analytical skills, quick learner and attention to detail
- Aptitude for understanding technology
- Independent decision making
- Persistence is a key skill. The role requires frequent follow up and interaction with junior and senior staff of the bank.
- High level of energy and commitment to support the business. An ability to be flexible and proactive in solving problems and issues for business management staff. Must have a 'can do' approach.
- Able to work under pressure
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. Job Reference # 187786BR