2019 S&P Global Ratings CREDit Program
Posted on Jan 28, 2019 by S&P Global
2019 S&P Global Ratings CREDit Program Analyst
New York, NY
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Business Practice Groups include: Corporates, Infrastructure, Public Finance, Financial Institutions, Structured Finance, Sovereign and International Public Finance.
Join a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organizations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions. You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of securitization issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality risk evaluations and analytical information to the world's financial markets.
You will get a comprehensive training program in New York focusing on a variety of areas, including: Accounting, Ratings Methodology, Risk & Compliance and Capital Markets. Upon completion of the initial training, you will be placed into rotations within our key Ratings practices. You will also be required to successfully complete required certification exams during the program and pass a rigorous evaluation process.
- Provide timely and accurate quarterly financial statistics and data analysis
- Assist in reporting, research, presentation on research & analysts and modelling
- Support the team on improvement in execution and ad-hoc writing projects
- Support the team in conducting credit analysis and evaluating the overall credit worthiness of our clients
What We're Looking For:
- This program is limited to those who are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident (LPR), asylee or refugee (required)
- Fully matriculated students with anticipated graduation date in Fall 2018 or Spring 2019
- All majors welcome; Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Math, Public Policy, Quantitative Analysis and Statistics majors preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing)
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organizational abilities
- The ability and the desire to learn to conduct your own analysis and research
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
- Significant comfort level with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- The ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative work environment
About S&P Global Ratings:
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
2019 S&P Global Ratings CREDit Program