Posted on Jan 27, 2019 by NRG PLC
Our client in North Tyneside is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
- To cost effectively manage the Engineering Department and all of its resources, in order to ensure that the infrastructure of the business are adequately maintained to facilitate continuous and compliant business operations
- To lead a progressive and innovative engineering maintenance operation that meets or exceeds best practice, whilst ensuring that regulatory requirements are met
- To lead and manage by example; ensuring that staff are aware of the appropriate performance standards, the expected standards of behaviour, and the expectations of our customers
- To lead, motivate and develop engineering staff, inspiring enthusiasm to ensure that the department delivers efficient and cost effective asset maintenance and repair services
- To procure services and equipment in line with financial regulations whilst managing contract performance, cost and quality
- To promote and deliver continuous improvement through a thirst for excellence and the identification of opportunities, which enable the business to build commercial success
- Qualified and experienced in an appropriate engineering discipline
- A strong personality and people person able to have difficult conversations as well gain person engagement
- A strong track record of developing teams and individuals to maximise their potential
- Experience of overseeing and managing operational and capital budgets; driving efficiencies and savings where possible
- A track record of driving and delivering efficiencies and improvements
- A good understanding of continuous improvement in engineering or maintenance environment
This role is full time and on occasions due to operational delivery schedules may require Out of Hours or On Call working.
Huxley Banking & Financial Services