Design & Product Development Engineer - South Manchester
Posted on Jan 27, 2019 by White Label Recruitment
White Label is recruiting for an extremely exciting new role that has just come up with one of our market leading clients based in South Manchester.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate and ambitious privately-owned business, that has been established for 50 years. The role is tremendously really interesting involving both Design Engineering and new product development.
To work on the development of new products and processes. This position requires an individual who thrives on a varied working environment and wants to become an integral member of the engineering team.
- Researching and validating new product opportunities and developing new and exciting products to complement the existing portfolio.
- To take ownership of the product development systems, pushing new projects from concept through to launch.
- Ensure all product designs are fit for purpose, meet or exceed customer expectations, achieve cost targets and meet all regulatory requirements.
- Design and manufacture prototype parts for testing using current production machinery and assisting the Production Engineering Development team in the implementation of new manufacturing systems.
- Operating in-house testing systems for verification of new product design and other R&D activities.
- Control of new part data within the ERP system.
- Leading DFMEA reviews of new and existing products.
- Any other duties as dictated by the business needs that you are safe and competent to complete.
HNC or Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
Skills and Experience.
- Experience in mechanical design of steel and aluminium parts and assemblies.
- Experienced in the use of 3D CAD systems, knowledge of different modelling techniques (Solidworks experience preferable) and utilisation GD&T.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Meet deadlines whilst working under pressure.
- Experience of leading group review meetings and presenting project information to colleagues.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business, with excellent prospects for a progressive future. The company is offering flexible working hours, 25 days holiday, and a salary of £30-35k depending on the level. If this could be of interest to you, please apply immediately for consideration, or contact Ruth Llewellyn at White Label.