Posted on Jan 27, 2019 by Diamond Commercial Recruitment Ltd
Our client, a world-wide provider and manufacturer of automotive parts such as hydraulic systems, fuel lines and electrical power conduits. Are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer based in Bodelwyddan.
Must be located within 30 minutes of site and be available for 24/7 call-outs throughout the week and weekends.
Electrically biased multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with good mechanical ability and experience gained within a manufacturing environment. Must be flexible and able to work across multiple craft disciplines with a range of electromechanical skills.
The role requires a reliable and self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and to make effective maintenance decisions to minimise down time.
It is a hands on role and you can be requested to provide emergency breakdown cover (during and outside standard working hours).
Standard shift requirement to work a 3-shift recurring pattern to meet manufacturing needs & desires.
WEEK 1 - 06:00 to 14:00
WEEK 2 - 14:00 to 22:00
WEEK 3 - 22:00 to 06:00
- Responsible for the maintenance of all plant machinery and ancillary equipment of the group's manufacturing sites in the local area.
- Assistance to the Plant Engineering Manager within the context of transferring from the existing reactive maintenance culture to one of a proactive, preventative and planned maintenance culture.
- To respond quickly and effectively to breakdown situations, working on your own initiative and making competent, concise decisions to achieve necessary actions to minimise downtime. This will involve call out duties as mentioned prior.
- To work proactively, undertaking interval based mechanical and electrical diagnosis and repair to plant and machinery as necessary.
- Responsibilities will include the maintenance of all factory systems including fire/security setups with the addition of heating and ventilation systems maintenance.
- Light fabrication and modification of existing plant equipment if necessary.
- An element of travel may be required to support our plants in Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Involvement with the implementation of all health and safety regulations within the factory.
- Work within a maintenance budget/cost control.
- Responsibility for ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
The jobholder will become actively involved in a continuous improvement process to create and influence a lasting cultural change within a traditional manufacturing environment. This will also further to; process plant, installation and industrialization projects with a view to modifying equipment at the design stage to suit manufacturing processes. e.g retrofitting.
To be considered for employment please submit your CV ensuring it is up to date and accurate.