Posted on Jan 27, 2019 by Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing
A market leading food manufacturing business with a site in West Yorkshire is looking to hire a Head of Engineering to develop existing maintenance and engineering systems as well as planning capital spend for the future.
A market leading food manufacturing business that is significantly investing in its site in West Yorkshire.
Your rOEEonsibilities wilOEEnclude but not be lKPI'sd to:
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports through the application of core values, performance management and identification of training solutions.
- Keep abreast of technological advancements within the industry within areas such as: Equipment, Skills, Training, etc. Work with Innovations team to ensure we are up to date with latest manufacturing capabilities.
- Providing an effective and service focused, Site Engineering maintenance function, through the analysis and reporting of performance information against expected levels, e.g. OEE and deliver a targeted proactive schedule to deliver better than budgeted OEE levels.
- Preparation and management of the engineering budgets against agreed KPI's. In addition work with Operations Director to identify opportunities for reducing spend and targeting overhead reduction opportunities.
- To secure supplies of materials and services on terms and conditions optimised to benefit the Company, whilst maintaining an adequate number of approved suppliers to allow competitive negotiation.
- Identify and manage capital projects from inception to conclusion on time and within budget. Work with the Operations Director to ensure all capital proposals are in-line with the 3 year Strategic business plan. Ensure all capital project are given a thorough post implementation review to review their efficacy.
- Review and improve the planned maintenance system to deliver high-level line performance and achievement of World Class Site OEE.
- Actively participate in site Sustainability objectives with particular focus on Energy and water usage. Working with Operations team work to reduce usage through better energy management and education.
- Promote a Continuous Improvement philosophy in order to ensure that operating methods, machine performance and material specifications are regularly reviewed, maintaining quality, adding value to the operation and promoting team working activity.
- Business continuity: To ensure Business Continuity plans are in place for third party contractors and for machinery suppliers. Work with the operations team to ensure BC plans are in place for all lines where financially applicable.
- To carry out any other reasonable request
In order to be successful, you will ideally have the following:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
- A proven track record of Engineering Management within food manufacturing
- A willingness to support in a 'hands on' capacity to drive the daily outputs along with strategizing