Staff Accountant (Temp-Perm)
Posted on Jan 27, 2019 by Eaton Vance Investment Managers
By joining Eaton Vance, you'll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
This position will report directly to the Institutional and High-Net-Worth Revenue Supervisor. The role will participate in numerous phases of the revenue operations and accounting cycle including cash receipt processing, client and account analysis and client invoice distribution.
- Daily cash receipt processing and reconciliation across multiple business lines and legal entities ensuring that cash is applied accurately to client receivable balances.
- Preparation of accounts receivable reports by business line and legal entity and identifying past due client accounts.
- Assist with the monthly revenue recognition process for multiple business units, ensuring calculations are accurate.
- Assist with preparation of monthly accounting and audit packages which summarize month-end analysis, reconciliation and internal control documentation.
- Assist with client calculation and billing process along with client invoice distribution process, proving quality control review when necessary.
- Proactively seek to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness throughout the revenue operational and accounting cycle
- Proactively look for ways to continue to improve the efficiency of the collections processes and the reporting and financial analysis of client fees.
- Ensure the accuracy and discuss the collectability of outstanding A/R, and communicate billing issues promptly for follow-up with client.
- Consult with management, other areas of Finance & Accounting and the business as needed.
- Ability to manage, manipulate and interpret large volumes of data
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with 2 to 4 years of relevant operations and accounting experience in the financial services industry.
- Solid understanding of internal controls and process flow.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills a must.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems.
- Ability to work independently on various projects to achieve desired results.
- Strong computer skills (notably Excel, specifically the ability to create pivot tables, if-then analyses, and VLOOKUP functions) a necessity. Experience using Hyperion Essbase/Smart view a plus.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the "Company").
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110
By joining Eaton Vance, you'll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that