Posted on Jan 26, 2019 by Anonymous
Position: Private Site / Venue Fundraiser
Location: Various train stations & shopping centres*
Contract: Temporary on-going
Hours: 35 hours per week (5 shifts) - Monday to Saturday, 10:00am - 6:00pm
Salary: £9.00 - £9.50 per hour depending on experience
Amnesty International are a global movement of seven million men, women and children across the world standing up for humanity and human rights. Their purpose is to protect individuals wherever justice, fairness, freedom and truth are denied.
Amnesty's vision is a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards.
To achieve their vision, they undertake research and take action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of human rights.
To raise awareness and funds for Amnesty through face-to-face conversations with members of the public. To inspire people to join & donate to Amnesty through direct debit donations.
For three weeks in the month, you will be based in & around your home city.
*For one week a month you will travel to a different city to work the private sites there. You will be away for 4 nights and your accommodation and travel costs are all covered. You will also be given a living allowance to cover food etc. It's a great way to socialise with your team and make life-long friends and explore a new city!
The ideal candidate will:
* Have experience working with people face-to-face (e.g. customer service or sales etc)
* Have a positive attitude and be friendly! :)
* Have a passion for humanitarian causes and/or human rights
* Be outgoing, energetic and have a confident demeanour
* Have an excellent level of spoken English
* Be a minimum of 18 years old
* £9.00 - £9.50 per hour depending on experience starting wage with regular pay increases - pay is NOT commission based
* Bonus structure
* Weekly pay
* Holiday pay
* Travel the UK and see new cities and meet new people
* On-going training & development for those looking to start a career with us
* Social working environment
Click to apply, attach your CV and phone number and we'll call you back