Operations - GSAM Operations - Client Management - Analyst - Salt Lake
Posted on Jan 26, 2019 by Goldman Sachs USA
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for over $1.15tn in assets under supervision. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
GSAM Operations is part of the Federation division of Goldman Sachs and comprises of ~500 professionals based in 5 centers across the globe. It consists of three broad functional areas, Client Management, Trade Management, and Position and Data Control, all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The Institutional Oversight (IO) team sits within Client Management and has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio accounting, liquidity, credit facility management, foreign currency transactions, payments, and serves as the single point of contact for all business related inquiries. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, money markets, currency, leveraged financing, asset backed loans, and derivatives. The group supports portfolio managers, risk managers, sales, and client relationship professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk across portfolios and strategies. This involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience and working closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships. SLC IO predominantly supports the AIMS business.
AIMS Business (Alternative Investments & Manager Selection) The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 300 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM Operations perspective by coordinating client issues across all operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for GSAM Operations
- Coordinate and manage tasks across a multi-disciplined team to ensure all operational information relating to an account event is received and systems are set up prior to account trading activity
- Liaise with client's appointed counterparties (custodian, prime broker etc.) to enable connectivity, establish operational flows and respond to service requests and inquiries. Interpret and determine Operational client requirements and service standards from legal documentation and business requirements supporting all account events. Coordinate controls and sign-offs both internally and externally
- Ensure accounting data accuracy and provide accounting policy oversight in order to create controlled environment for investment management process
- Daily cash forecasting in multi-currency portfolios to include overdraft monitoring and fund liquidity reporting
- Trading desk support to include ad-hoc queries as well as ongoing business initiatives
- Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact
- Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate
- Provide governance and transparency for client collections by overseeing open receivables process and coordinating with Distribution Team.
- Providing effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture
- Apply process reengineering methodologies in executing strategies and tactical solutions
- Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Previous experience in Operations and/or Financial Services industry
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities
- Be a strategic thinker, possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Risk management focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Operations - GSAM Operations - Client Management - Analyst - Salt Lake City