Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Jan 26, 2019 by Saint-Gobain Limited
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? - Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Electrical Maintenance Engineer opportunity.
This position is working on a 4 on (Days), 4 off, 4 on (Nights), 4 off pattern - Once you have completed the cycle 6 times you will have a bulk of 16 days off.
How you will utilise your expertise:
This role is working with British Gypsum the UK's leading manufacturer of plaster, plasterboard and ceiling solutions this role is based out of our flagship manufacturing facility in Barrow. Your experience within Electrical engineering/craftsmanship will see you help us to ensure we maintain world class safety and world class reliability of our production equipment by;
- Ensuring that all plant equipment is maintained safely and for the safety of others.
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance ensuring the highest plant reliability.
- Being involved in root cause analysis and continuous improvements.
- Works carefully to ensure monitoring programme is accurate to protect performance
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
- Recognised electrical craft apprenticeship
- Minimum of NVQ qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Qualifications/experience
- Experience in electrical controls on process plant, including: Industrial LV Distribution and Motor Control Centres, Industrial PLCs, AC Inverter drive systems, burner control systems, instrumentation - load cell systems, pressure & flow devices, etc
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first - the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with British Gypsum this is one of more than 30 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to 'Create great living places and improve people's daily life'. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
Castle Employment Agency
Premier Recruiting Services Ltd
Claremont Consulting Ltd
Kingston Barnes Ltd