Posted on Jan 26, 2019 by Yodel Delivery Network Limited
Competitive Salary and Excellent Company Benefits
Here at Yodel, we handle thousands of parcels every day and that wouldn't be possible if we didn't have our team of amazing Engineers making sure everything was always working as it should! We're excited to share that we're currently recruiting for an Engineer to join our Engineering team at our Wednesbury Distribution Centre. You'll be key in providing essential engineering services in order to maintain and support the Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) and associated machinery/equipment on site, to maximise operational efficiency and ensure continuous availability for production.
We're a big believer in rewarding our employees for all the amazing work they do. As well as a competitive remuneration package, excellent pension scheme and genuine career development we offer discounted hotel stays, gym memberships and Virginmedia discounts. And if like us you enjoy online shopping up to 25% discount off . Could you ask for much more?
What you'll be doing:
This is a diverse engineering role in a fast paced distribution Hub where you're an essential member of the team to ensure our operation runs smoothly. You'll:
- Use your specialist equipment knowledge to facilitate breakdown rectification & repair as well as planned preventative maintenance.
- Rectify engineering breakdowns and offer essential technical support.
- Provide extensive mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
- Work as part of the engineering team to promote best practice and give continuous & sustained reliability to production.
- Be working towards and achieve agreed performance criteria as part of the departmental and site SLA's and Tabs KPI's.
- Undertake preventative maintenance work completing to the highest standards, as scheduled within given time frames, whilst maintaining accurate records of all maintenance actions.
It goes without saying you'll have a real interest in an engineering career but also the relevant skills, experience and knowledge including:
- Time served in a mechanical and electrical discipline
- Your primary skill biased must be Electrical or Mechanical
- Be able to work comfortably with a PC.
- Experienced in both mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
- Ideally a knowledge of PLC based control systems (not essential).
- Parcel industry (or similar) experience.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 Electrical/ Mechanical.
- Experience working on Van Der Lande systems.
- Able to work up to heights of 25 metres.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
It is also important that you are happy with the following:
Engineers operate a 4 on 4 off shift pattern covering days and nights alternating to provide operational support and undertake PPM.
During busy periods and when the site works extended hours the pressure to get breakdowns resolved quickly increases and the window to carry out repairs and PPMs decreases thus making the Engineering tasks more difficult.
If you are ambitious, open minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story!