Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Anonymous
This care home offers residential and nursing care to the very highest of standards.
FULL time positions available.
Salary £8.21 per hour
About the role.
The Restaurant Assistant works at the 'front of house' to support the Catering Service, ensuring that highest standards or service are maintained and excellent customer care is delivered in Food and Beverage.
You will be part of a valued team where support and career development is provided - helping you, to provide the highest standard of care.
Specific duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
* Supporting the Restaurant Manager and other Catering staff to deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring resident choice, dignity, confidentiality and safety are maintained.
* Maintaining full awareness of menu content, service procedures and any other relevant information.
* Delivering prepared food from the kitchen to the dining room or appropriate area, and serving meals to residents in a pleasant and friendly manner.
* Resetting tables, tidying work areas and preparing the food service areas for the next service.
* Participation in events held at the care home.
* Advising the Restaurant Manager and Care Services staff concerning any changes in a resident's dietary habits, in particular reporting and noting any instances where a resident refuses food.
Experience isn't a necessary for this role - We are looking for someone with a great attitude and is keen to learn, as full training will be provided. The following attributes will be key in being successful in this role;
* Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships
* A friendly and cheerful disposition
* Team player, decisive, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable individual.
* Excellent customer service skills and a desire to deliver good service to our elderly residents during their meal times.
These benefits listed below are in place in order to reward our staff for their continual hard work:
* Extremely competitive pay rates
* Sociable working hours in a supportive and friendly team
* Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
* Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
* Cycle to work scheme
* Study support
* A variety of online retail, holiday and motor related discounts
* Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
* Competitive company pension scheme