Civil Engineering Technician
Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Integral Engineering Design Ltd
We are looking for an experienced technician to work closely with our Senior Civil Engineer and support our highly skilled friendly teams in Bath and London. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role, working on a range of interesting civil engineering projects then this is the role for you.
The role is highly varied and no two days are the same. You will thrive solving engineering problems and working on a range of projects. You will want to work and support a culture in which employees take pride in their work, are focussed on customer service, and are proactive in finding long term solutions to problems as they arise. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the way we work, we accept responsibility for our actions, and treat each other with respect in a supportive team environment, sharing knowledge and developing our skills whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
You will work closely with our Project Engineers to ensure the best possible outcomes for our clients.
This is a full time permanent role based in our lovely riverside offices in the center of Bath.
Salary in the region of £25,000 to £32,000.
- be self-motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic and want to learn quickly about the business;
- be an effective team player, have a professional attitude, show respect for the views of others and be supportive of other team members;
- have good written and spoken communication skills and committed to using your design flair to propose a range of solutions to clients;
- have an awareness and interest in environmental design;
- be able to solve civil engineering problems, using creative, imaginative engineering;
- be experienced in producing high quality sketches and an have understanding of or be keen to develop BIM Level 2 Standards;
- be highly literate in relevant IT packages including a thorough understanding of AutoCad, and possess or be keen to develop knowledge of Civils3D (or similar) and MicroDrainage;
- possess an understanding of relevant legislation and codes relating to civil engineering projects;
- be able to work with and help develop relevant skills in others;
- have a good HNC or equivalent;
- have made progress towards EngTech MICE, or be prepared to become accredited.
If you are interested, please complete an application form (we will not accept CV's in isolation) that can be found on our website alongside more information about the role.
We are unable to accept applications from candidates that require sponsorship to work in the UK.