Business Development Manager
Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Red Rock Partnership Ltd
Red Rock Partnership Ltd are delighted to be working in partnership with our prestigious client based in Lincoln who are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join their busy team.
Our Client is an award winning company offering print and design services to companies all over the UK. They have in house digital printing facilities and an in-house graphic design team.
You will be responsible for generating new business and meeting sales targets that would be set to you by your line manager. As a Business Development Manager you will achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by effectively selling the company's products and services. You will also maintain good relationships with clients to secure repeat business.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Listens to customer requirements and presents appropriately to make a sale;
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails and drop ins.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations; (when required)
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with suppliers
- Advises on forthcoming product developments and discusses special promotions;
- Keeping the Director informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Creates detailed proposal documents for clients in collaboration with our design team;
- Liaises with the team to meet deadlines for delivery and covers other team roles when required (such as holidays)
- Gains a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations by liaising with the internal estimating team.
- Experience working in a sales role within the printing industry is preferred.
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Presentation skills
- A confident and determined approach is essential
- Motivated individual with drive -a competitive streak
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in IT applications and print management software.
- Valid driver's license. Knowledge of both the printing industry and MIS systems would be a distinct advantage, however full training on our internal systems will be given.
Hour and Salary:
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Salary- Dependent on experience
- Fuel allowance
- Laptop and Phone
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the above we would be delighted to receive your application.
Red Rock Partnership Ltd are working as a recruiting partner to handle all recruitment activity.
Due to the volume of applications unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest.