Digital User Researcher
Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Anonymous
You'll be responsible for identifying, setting up and potentially running user research sessions. You'll be working closely with our UX, UI Design and Product Management teams to identify new features, flows and potentially digital products that we they are designing or thinking about bringing to market. You'll need to identify the best way to get insight about the feature of product that you're looking to research, from guerrilla testing, to online surveys, panel discussions to one to one face interviews, these are all options you'll have at your disposal.
You'll be responsible for identifying the customer segments and traits that you need your research
sample to have, pulling together a recruitment brief. As well as this you'll be responsible for writing and shaping the discussion guide for your chosen testing method, working closely again with the UX and UI team to get a prototype together that meets the your brief needs.
You may also be asked to run the testing sessions, gleaming as much insight as you need to make
informed decisions about the digital products that they are designing.
You'll need to be charming, have great empathy with dealing with customers and have experience of running user research sessions in the past. You'll then need to bring your insight findings together into a report, ideally with video clips to back up salient points, and present this back to the relevant parties - this could be the design and technical
teams, through to Managing Director and CEO level, so your presentation skills need to be second to none. This motivated, energetic and charismatic individual will join a high performing team of 7 other UX Designers and UI Designers to take the digital experiences to the next level.
Things you'll be doing
- Defining the user research roadmap for the financial year
- Working with Digital Product Managers, UX and UI Designers to identify opportunities to gather insight about new digital features and optimisations of existing digital estate
- Using your experience to identify the best method to gather your required insight
- Defining recruitment briefs for user research sessions
- Defining discussion guides
- Depending on your chosen research method and budget available you might be leading an agency to run the research sessions, or you might be expected to run the sessions yourself
- Working with the UX and UI Design teams to ensure that your design input is polished and meets the research needs
- Identifying key insight from the user research and presenting this back to key stakeholders.
- Driving through change where customer led insight directs us to do so.
- User research plan
- Third Party agency relationships for research
- End to end success of user research methodologies, sessions and outputs.
What you'll have experience in already
- Performing a digital user research role within a delivery focussed environment
- Working on complex and broad product offerings
- Driving change through customer centred insight
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- analyse both qualitative and quantitative insight to identify patterns and actionable
- Hands on experience running user research sessions