Associate, Finance Operations
Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by New York Life Insurance Company
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
- Assist with the facilitation of the Partnership Awards Awards Program, Council, and other NYL Awards and Recognition programs, including Assisting with creation and distribution of reports, Replying to or fielding inquiries pertaining to standings, rules, etc., Validating accuracy of reports and Assist with testing system enhancements
- Assist with preparation and validate accuracy of Awards and Recognition reports.
- Assist with preparations for Council meetings including validating and packing plaques, awards, and other material for distribution at meetings.
- Administer the TAS Awards process, including validation of award winners, uploading files to the NYL Intranet, working with the award vendor to place orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Implementing procedural enhancements for tracking/compiling historical data to address requests for modeling from Senior Management.
- Anticipating requests and developing applicable modeling methodology.
- Modeling/establishing new guidelines related to Council and Trophies as thresholds and Field compensation components change.
- Granting lower-level exceptions.
- Making recommendations to Management for high-level exception requests.
- Provide support with Product Consulting budgets and Awards and Recognition budgets.
- Provide support with managing open intake items for the division.
- Travel as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in using spreadsheets and databases
- Experience in Mainframe a plus
- Attention to detail is required to ensure accuracy and successful processing
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of administrative and mainframe systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of how data management can help service internal clients
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: .
Associate, Finance Operations