Project Manager - Stevenage/Ware
Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Arcadis
The Exciting Opportunity
If you are a Project Manager who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our team as a Project Manager and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional. In this role, you will be responsible for providing project management services from inception to completion, in line with client procedures and processes across Research and Development capital programs. This role will be based from our client's office in Ware/Stevenage.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers across our Environment business line working on consultancy projects within the Chemical and Pharmaceutical sector focusing on achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
- Undertake day to day delivery of projects, Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial biased.
- Manage design teams
- Undertake contact administration
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
- Maintain a robust document management system
- Produce of reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Compliance with Arcadis governance
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- Monitor and report on the contractor's progress against the contract programme
- Assist in the management of consultant teams to ensure that the contractor's design is done in compliance with the contract
- Assist in the management of consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- Utilise Sector specific market, client and Built Asset know how (Insight)
What You have to Offer:
- Demonstrable track record of delivering large scale projects within a Mechanical/Electrical environment.
- Professional qualification of appropriate level
- Ability to interface with clients
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to articulate current issues specific to the market
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
- Good people management and leadership skills
- Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
- Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ideally experience to include some of:
- Interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
- Knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
- Experience of programme interpretation and client reporting
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: .
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.