Electrical Project Design Engineer
Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Electrical Project Design engineer Initial Fixed Term with possible extension
Your new company
Our client are world leader in tubular solutions. They are looking to expand their operations internally, increasing their production range. As a result, they require an Electrical Design Engineer to oversee the technical specifications and project engineering requirements linked to the set-up of a new machining workshop.
Your new role
- Support the process and electrical & automation preliminary designs for the project.
- Develop and specify the equipment layout design, infrastructure design and instrument & electrical design in collaboration with mechanical engineers.
- Produce detailed project Technical Specifications.
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities for project contractors and sub-contractors and liaise regularly with specialist consultants for specific engineering disciplines.
- Ensure compliance of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and Safe Working Practice.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must possess a Degree qualification in an engineering related discipline, or be able to demonstrate relevant project management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Electrical Engineering Principles and be able to apply this knowledge practically to equipment design and installation.
- Must have extensive experience in the design and installation of electrical systems.
- Must be capable of preparing design calculations, working closely with Mechanical and Hydraulic Engineers to develop reliable engineering solutions.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Two bonus schemes
- Generous Pension Contribution
- An opportunity to broaden your skills with an employer that truly values the welfare of its staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.