Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by Flying Food Group, Inc.
Flying Food Group Position Specifications
Job Title: Executive Chef
Position Scope: Oversee the hot kitchen production staff to provide quality food and service to airline customers including menu presentations
· Degree or certification from cooking or culinary College or program
Knowledge or Experience Requirements
· Hospitality skills that have developed in roles that require high levels of service.
· Culinary skills including menu design, Garde Mange and creating innovative dishes.
· All aspects of supervision of similar number of staff members.
· Food safety standards for food production work spaces.
· Financial skills for managing budgets, food and labor costs including scheduling hours.
· Computer skills for Microsoft office programs - Word and Excel.
• Different ethnic and cuisine traditions and practices a plus (examples: Asian, Kaiseki, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Western) etc. etc.
· Manage customer presentations and requirements including scheduling, budgets, menu design, and food preparation, with the highest level of hospitality service standards. These activities include catered events and VIP flights.
· Teach, coach and mentor culinary staff to prepare menu items to a high standard.
· Work effectively as a team member of the unit management team.
· Keep kitchen clean to required standards directly and through supervision of staff.
· Manage quality standards for all aspects of food production against acceptable food preparation and customer specifications.
· Manage budgets for food and labor costs including schedules for area of responsibility.
· Customer satisfaction with menu design and presentation.
· Budgeted labor and food costs achieved with adjustments for airline changes.
· All FSQ standards and procedures maintained at all times.
· Maintain positive and safe work environment.