Posted on Jan 25, 2019 by We Are SSG
A rapidly growing main contractor based in Hertfordshire who works throughout London and the South East is currently recruiting a Project Manager to join their current well-established team.
As a Project Manager, you will be involved with projects between £5m to £25m each. This opportunity will give you the chance to work for a contractor who has a great reputation for looking after their staff and further developing their careers.
Day to day duties:
* Planning of the works in conjunction with the site team
* Direction of resources including both direct and sub-contract labour
* Establish safe and proper working practices and ensure their implementation
* Interpret and implement company style and ethos
* Develop and maintain good relationships with people from other organisations
* Set realistic targets and monitor progress against them to ensure projects are completed on time
* Appraise and co-ordinate the design and instigate changes, as appropriate in conjunction with the design team
* Provide training, support and mentoring to subordinate staff
* Recommend improvements to existing systems or procedures as appropriate
* Monitor quality of the product to ensure that all works comply with the relevant standards
* Monitor and check the costs in conjunction with the surveying department to ensure that projects are kept within budget.
You will be able to demonstrate a stable career background, alongside the experience of running projects up to £25m as a Project Manager. You will hold a CSCS card, SMSTS and First Aid certificate. Ideally, the right applicant will also hold a construction related qualification.
If you are looking for a confidential conversation about your next move, please call Russell at i-texo recruitment.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Nigel Frank International